Creative Jobs Outgrow UK Average
Kirstin on Fullback and Friends: Here is another reason why the creative industries are such a fantastic sector to consider tapping into when it comes to your career.
Key findings include:
• 1 in every 10 jobs held by graduates in the UK was in the creative industries
• Over the last 3 years, employment within the creative industries has grown at 5 times the rate of the wider UK economy
• Employment within the sector has increased by more than 10% since 2011
• Creative Industries now account for 1 in 18 (5.6%) of all jobs in the UK
• Between 2011 and 2013, within the creative industries, there were increases in jobs of greater than 20% in the East of England (27.1%), the East Midlands (25.0%), the West Midlands (20.6%) and the Yorkshire and Humber (20.1%).