Mark Bryce (Speaker)
TRAINER AND SPEAKER PAGE FOR MEETING PLANNERS – BOOK A TALK FOR YOUR NETWORK, GROUP OR TEAM
Hi, I’m Mark Bryce,
Thanks for your interest in my talks and visiting this page.
I’ve been training and coaching for more than 25 years and trading as Tyrer Sorrel since 2001.
For businesses, I focus on 4 stages of intimacy in business. I talk about why it’s important for leadership and sales success. I talk about AIDA in copywriting and Customer Value Journeys. I’m a journey designer too.
I help you make great relationships with your customers.
This page will explain my group or team talks and give you a link to book me for a talk (up to 60 minutes). There are more specific themes and topics later down the page, keep scrolling if you need to know more.
If you are looking to start a work series, rather than book a talk, please click here.
So, let’s get started …..
Inside the talks your group or team will learn:
- Nine profitable & creative ideas to help them move forward in their careers, businesses or relationships … AND they don’t need to have any experience or be an expert to do them. If they’re stuck, it will save them hours of wasted time and energy. A big part of my talks is the energy you need to be successful in your work. It starts with an idea that you love
- How I’ve tried and refined every exercise I talk about and deliver in the talks, for 18+ years … and whilst doing that I found out something I didn’t expect in a million years. In my talk I’ll explain what that is … AND why it’s important
- I’ll also explain the one thing that almost all the people I have coached have in common … The one thing that actually stops them getting a job, growing their business or leading their team effectively. I’ll talk about a proven exercise that can change it
….. and more
Reasons not to book me …..
- You want someone to talk non-stop for an hour. My talks include lots of engagement. I like to be active and use visual content. I like to use practical activities such as ’15 Minute Challenges’ and ’15 Second Content’. It’s more than talking at an audience
- Similar to the one above, you want me to present a 150+ slide PowerPoint for you – I’ll do it, if needed … but that’s not really me. I once did a full day training with just 1 slide and 3 embedded videos. I try to follow a format of 5 slides + a story + a practical activity + Q&A
So that was 2 reasons not to book me. Here’s 3 reasons to book me (and quick testimonials) about my previous events to give you an idea of what my training and talks are really like:
- “I was worried that I would not understand everything. The time passed very quickly because Mark made the whole talk so easy and enjoyable to understand. I am so pleased I attended this event”
- “I thought it would be PowerPoint presentations and reading through handouts. [I now have] a much better understanding of how to deal with Safeguarding issues. Don’t be scared of safeguarding. I would recommend this event because the delivery was fun, challenging and informative”
- “Mark has been an outstanding trainer taking those [that] have struggled and showing them patience and understanding till they grasped the concepts. The training is PowerPoint heavy but Mark made it engaging and enjoyable” – NOTE: I sometimes have to delivery predefined company PowerPoint content but will always try and bring it to life
Now I know people love testimonials with names, job titles and faces. It makes it more relatable. However, I make all of my evaluations anonymous with an option to give a name and contact details only so I can dig a little deeper if needed. Most people don’t give a name. There are more testimonials further down this page, keep scrolling if you need to know more.
My Signature Talk
‘Nine Profitable & Creative Ideas to Make Your Business POP in 2021’ – I talk about starting a business or a new work project. I talk through 9 ideas to make this work come alive. For Double Income Entrepreneurs, people with a job and a business, I talk about the pleasures and the pressures of maintaining a business … and your job at the same time. I’ve been there and done that. I talk about how to deal with difficult clients or teams. I talk about how to generate new ideas and create more innovation. My talks always include Practical Activities. Activities have included ’35 Power Words for Great Business Relationships – How Powerful Statements, Words, Visuals and Stories Can Make Staff and Customers Feel Like #1′. Previous Power Statements have included ‘I am _____ I can ____‘ and ‘Hang On, Maybe I can ____’. Another sub talk I created around this Signature Talk was ‘The Stand Up Comedian and The Anxious Entrepreneur’. This talk focused on increasing participant’s confidence and the energy they needed for success. Just like a stand up comedian. For participants more interested in personal relationships, I take out the profit part and focus on ‘Nine Creative Ideas for Better Relationships’.
Please note: As ‘The Stand Up Comedian’ shows, I can also build a bespoke talk from any of ‘My Themes and Topics’ below.
Four More Reasons to book me:
- I’ll speak for FREE for up to 60 minutes. Whilst I normally charge £485 or more for speaking and training, I will speak for FREE about the following topics Business; Leadership; Relationships; Resilience; Remote Teams; Employee Engagement; Productivity; Dealing with Conflict in Teams
- For Teams and Networks – I’ve set up a ‘SIMPLIFY: Transformation Series’ to follow all talks. I’ll give you a special rate for your group or team to join my ‘5 Hour Group Workshop or Design Session’ (the next step). I often find that people want to dig a little deeper after I’ve spoken. Ideas are inspiring but implementation is harder
- For Networks Only – I’ll give you money back on any sales to your audience or members. That’s right I will give your team a special rate to join my 5 Hour … AND then I will give you a percentage back for any sales made to your network. If you don’t want me to sell at your event then I’ll totally respect that. All I ask is that I can give participants a link to give them the option to connect with me
- You and one other guest can participate in my ‘5 Hour Group Workshop or Design Session’ for FREE
A FREE talk + a special rate for my 5 Hour Group Workshop or Design Session + money back if you have a network + you and another guest can take the next step for FREE
I’m interested! Let’s connect and book a FREE talk
- Leadership Development
- Women in Leadership
- Emotional Intelligence (EQ)
- Leading and Communicating in Remote Teams
- Building and Cultivating Trust
- Team Collaboration
- Employee Engagement and Coaching
- Unlocking Resilience and Entrepreneurial Spirit
- Getting Organised, Project Tracking and Time Management
- Dealing with Conflict … and Diffusing Team Tension
Topics (Not Exhaustive)
✓ Conflict resolution in relationships and business
✓ Working in a remote team … even if you sit next to each other
✓ Owning the energy of leadership and relationships
✓ How successful leaders and couples deal with stressful situations
✓ The power of statements, self-talk, identity and intent (35 Words)
✓ 3 quick tips to maximise your time and productivity … especially if you’re a DISCO Entrepreneur (doing a job and running a business)
✓ The power of team-talk and chat (Connected Teams)
✓ 3 quick ways to increase your confidence and resilience
✓ Teamwork and collaboration secrets
✓ The importance of losing quickly
✓ The importance of fun and keeping things simple
✓ Pitching Pink Bananas (Sales, Marketing and Presentations)
✓ The importance of priorities, objectives and progression paths
Prove It – Don’t just take my word for it:
► “O.m.g bin off this wk and applied for 3 jobs. All offered an interview and 1 got my C.V. from Indeed and asked me to go for interview when I never applied. Thanks 4 ur help” [sic] (by text to Mark)
► Co-Coaching – “Kirstin was absolutely brilliant when helping me secure my placement, completed in my third year as part of my University course. She helped and supported me through every stage of the application process, from the CV writing, through the assessment centre and with the final interview. I cannot recommend or thank her enough for all she did to prepare me fully for each stage of the application process” (from Kirstin’s LinkedIn Profile)
► “Whatever the problem, day or time (be it 7am or midnight), I know that I am always welcomed with any questions that I may have. His teaching styles are creative, enjoyable and valuable. He is very honest with his opinion and gets straight to the point. Mark’s kindness and helpfulness constantly makes me smile, and sets me up for a day full of motivation, even on some of my more challenging days. MB is clearly very knowledgeable; be it about web design, professional online presence or even Disney princesses. I feel as though I can really be myself and talk about any problems that I feel relevant; Mark will always help, however possible”
Projects, Mentorships and Challenges
► “One of the most worthwhile experiences I have ever had”
► “The 153 Mile Challenge – a brilliant, simple and accessible idea which we wanted to adopt for a (large scale) youth based project up in the Lancaster area” (Guy Christiansen, Creative Learning Director at The Dukes Theatre in Lancaster)
► “The Pirates of St Cleopas enjoyed the whole journey of ‘the adventure starts’. The simplicity of taking a theme from a story book and bringing it to life over a 3 month period was genius! It allowed the children to explore, experience and share! The training was so valuable to the project, it inspired staff, re-energised our outlook in provision, and most importantly allowed us to re-visit the aims of our play provision. The project allowed parents and families to get involved…. Dig out photo’s, share treasured memories with their children and collect items. Although it was initially to engage children, it very much engaged the families of the children involved. Many thanks to Mark for all your support, a treasured project :-)”
Guided Learning and On-Site Training
► “I was worried that I would not understand everything. The time passed very quickly because Mark made the whole talk so easy and enjoyable to understand. I am so pleased I attended this event”
► “Previous Safeguarding courses/presentations were very dry, legalistic and boring. [This event resulted in me understanding] that Safeguarding is part of a normal conversation and person-to-person relationship. I’m less worried about Safeguarding, more confident and happier. I would recommend this event as it takes the fear out of Safeguarding”
► “I thought it would be PowerPoint presentations and reading through handouts. [I now have] a much better understanding of how to deal with Safeguarding issues. Don’t be scared of safeguarding. I would recommend this event because the delivery was fun, challenging and informative”
► “Thanks to @lcvsuw for a great course this morning! Special thanks to @SilentFullback for the wealth of knowledge. #liverpool #safeguarding” (by Twitter to Mark)
► “Mark was honest, knowledgeable and concise. I feel confident knowing how to move forward”
► “Important, Easy Access and Enjoyable”
► “Interesting, Real, Detailed, Helpful and Relaxed”
► “Love the more casual, non-classroom approach”
► “Fun, Good Pace and Relaxing”
► “Really good interaction between attendees. Fun and Enjoyable”
► “Enjoyed the Course. Online training a new way of learning. Really easy and enjoyable”
► “Group discussions were very beneficial. Internet sources were informational. Overall: AMAZING AND KNOWLEDGABLE!” [sic]
► “I thoroughly enjoyed this course. The group discussions were really useful. The content was very good. I would do more courses online”
► “The tutor was excellent, making us use our brains. He didn’t talk down to us”
► “Very friendly tutor”
► “The training was in a relaxed atmosphere and the emphasis on it being a team responsibility was refreshing and enabling”
► “The warm up was gentle and good. The questions were focused but straight forward”
► “Course is fun, knowledgable and transferable”
► “Mark was a great trainer/co-ordinator/leader and it was an enjoyable 2 days”
Mark Bryce (Personal)
► “I have always found you to be constructive, diplomatic, focussed, committed and above everything else honest beyond reproach (which personally I feel is your strongest asset)”
► “[…] this quality emanates from Mark’s own self efficacy, his ability to empathise, his positive self esteem and self worth. He approaches difficult tasks with tenacity, viewing them as challenges rather than threats. Mark excels in communication skills, having the ability to communicate at all levels. He is able to assess situations quickly and adapt his mode of communication to fit the circumstances”
► “[…] Mark B. You are one of the most supportive level headed kind hearted people I have met, And I am so glad we have managed to have chats where you always seem to help me rethink.”
Book a talk
So, you’ve read this far. Thank you. You’re obviously interested so please click the following link, connect with me and let’s book a FREE talk.